Travel on an ancient Inca Trail to the ruins of Llactapata and explore the Incan Sanctuary of Machu Picchu over 4 days and 3 nights.
• Bathe in the Crystalline Hot Springs of Colcolmayo
• Harvest, Roast and Grind Organic Coffee
• Hike in the Footsteps of the Incas
• Explore the Mysterious Incan City of Machu Picchu
• 3 nights lodging • All Transports from Day 1-4 • Guided visit of Chinchero Market, Salt Mines of Maras and Ollantaytambo • Entrance into the Hot-springs of Colcolmayo • Ruta del Cafe Tour on Organic Coffee Farm • Guided Trek to Llactapata • Train tickets to Machu Picchu Pueblo from Hidro-Electric • Entrance into Machu Picchu with additional hike such as Huayana Picchu/ MP Mountain • Three course meal in Aguas Calientes at The Tree House • Boxed Lunch for Machu Picchu • Meals on day 2, 3 and 4 • English speaking guide for 4 days and 3 nights • Your belongings will be shuttled ahead while you hike so you only carry a day pack • Vistadome Train Ticket from Aguas Calientes to Ollanta/Cusco • Water and snacks • Fees and taxes
• Meals on day 1 and dinner on day 4 • Tips • Bus ticket up or down from Machu Picchu • Hiking Poles
DAY 1: Today we will take you out to the living Incan village of Ollantaytambo. We will stop at the weaving market of Chinchero and the ancient Salt Mines of Maras. Once in Ollanta we will take you to the Garden Home of Ollanta a 3000sq ft garden in the middle of a village made of pure Incan stones. Here you will lodge for the night.
Crystalline Hot Springs and Organic Coffee
DAY 2: Today your guide will pick you up early and you will head on a beautiful drive from a high mountain pass down into the lush cloud forest near Machu Picchu. Bathe in the clear clean waters of Santa Teresa, a small town on the raging Vilcanota river. After lunch your guide will take you to an organic coffee farm in the middle of the cloud forest where locals will receive you with open arms and show you their way of life into the world of coffee. Enjoy these moments that will change the way you forever see coffee.
After a tour where you will harvest the ripest beans, see the fermentation process, use the age old machines to peel the coffee, roast on open fire in clay vessels and finally grind the hot beans, you will be served the freshest coffee made from your own hands. Tonight you will sleep in the cabins, or simple lodges provided by a local family. They will cook for you both dinner and breakfast and again provide fresh coffee in the morning before you depart.
Llactapata Inca Trail
DAY 3: Wake to the smell of coffee and breakfast with all locally grown ingredients. Today with your guide you will hike a beautiful Inca Trail to the ruins of Llactapata. From here you will be able to see Machu Picchu in the distance like very few ever experience. You may even be here alone! After exploring the ruins hike another 20 minutes to the lodge of a local who will serve you lunch while overlooking Machu Picchu.
From here the hike is all downhill to the station of Hidro-Electric which supplies electricity all the way to Cusco. Relax as we have provided a train ticket for you along the river to the town of Aguas Calientes, known as Machu Picchu Pueblo. Once in Aguas Calientes your guide will take you to your hotel and show you where we have made a reservation for you for dinner. Tonight we have provided a 3 course meal at a top restaurant for you.
DAY 4: On everyone’s bucket list, Machu Picchu! You have worked hard for this day and there is one last thing to do……wake early and hike up to the ancient city of the Incas. Follow an Incan staircase straight up the mountain to the entrance gate. Within a short time you will begin to see the terraces on the sheer cliffs of mountains and the perfectly made stone buildings of the Incas.
Enjoy a 2 hour guided tour before your guide thanks you and sadly has to say goodbye. If you have tickets up to Huayana Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain you will head over to the gate to begin yet another climb above the world. You will return today to either Ollantaytambo or Cusco depending on the rest of your itinerary in Peru.